What to Expect at a West Palm Beach Alcohol Rehab
Having an alcohol use disorder can be detrimental to virtually all aspects of your life. Entering the right treatment program for your drug or alcohol addiction is your best bet for substance abuse recovery. It is normal for those with substance use disorders to be apprehensive about drug or alcohol addiction treatment, detox programs, and what to expect. However, alcohol rehab in West Palm Beach, Florida may not be the scary situation you envisioned, but actually a supportive, comforting environment where you can focus on your recovery programs.
Call Daybreak Treatment Solutions today at (954) 953-4864 for help in overcoming your addiction.
When To Consider Alcohol Rehab
Knowing when you are unable to control or stop drinking alcohol and need help is a big step in substance abuse recovery. Alcohol addiction does not happen overnight, it is a progressive disease that can sneak up on you and cause substance use disorders. You may want to consider getting help from a recovery center with personalized treatments when you exhibit signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse and addiction such as these:
- Problems with work, school, or relationships because of your drinking
- Legal problems that resulted from alcohol abuse
- Drinking alone or in secret
- Spending a lot of your time getting, drinking, or recovering from alcohol
- Not engaging in activities once enjoyed
- Drinking at unusual times, such as first thing in the morning or during work
- Cravings for alcohol
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- New symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Tolerance to alcohol (needing to drink more to get the same effects as before)
What is Alcohol Detox Like?
Alcohol detox at a treatment center is the best way to go through alcohol withdrawals. Medical detox can be an inpatient program or outpatient program. Both programs are medication-assisted treatment detox to help ease the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. Inpatient treatment alcohol detox is vital for severe alcohol abuse disorder because of the risk of dangerous withdrawal symptoms, like seizures. During inpatient treatment, you will be monitored by medical staff 24/7 and given medication-assisted treatment. Outpatient treatment alcohol detox is for more mild alcohol abuse cases. You will pick up your medication-assisted treatment every few days from the treatment facility.
Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
Alcohol withdrawal symptoms vary from person to person and depend on the severity of the addiction, but can include physical and psychological symptoms. Symptoms include:
- Mood changes
- Tremors or shakes
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Heart palpitations
- Increased heart rate or blood pressure
- Rapid abnormal breathing
Types of Alcohol Rehab Programs
There are several recovery programs and levels of care when it comes to drug or alcohol addiction. Most people start with alcohol detox as their first step to overcoming the physical components of alcohol and drug addiction. To treat the underlying causes of addiction, recovery programs may be needed which can include:
- Inpatient treatment – most intense and immersive level. You will live at the rehab facility 24/7 for the duration of the program and your days are highly structured around addiction treatment.
- Partial Hospitalization Program – you spend most of your day at the treatment facility participating in addiction treatments, but then go home or to a sober living home at the end of the day.
- Intensive Outpatient Program – this program allows more freedom with programs during the weekend or in the evening to allow clients to continue going to school or work.
- Aftercare Programs – recovery doesn’t end after treatment, aftercare programs include support meetings and sober activities to encourage further engagement in sobriety.
DayBreak West Palm Beach Alcohol Rehab
DayBreak Treatment Solutions in Palm Beach County offers a full continuum of care for alcohol use disorder. Our alcohol and drug rehab is centered around evidence-based addiction treatments and dual diagnosis treatment to address co-occurring disorders. Personalized treatments are tailored to your unique needs to help you beat substance use disorders at their root. If you or someone you love is struggling with alcohol abuse, please give us a call today to get started on the road to recovery.